Close Menu
Machinery Asia
  • Home
  • Industry News
  • Heavy Machinery
  • Backhoe Loader
  • Excavators
  • Skid Steer
  • Videos
  • Shopping
  • News & Media
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Machinery Asia
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Industry News
  • Heavy Machinery
  • Backhoe Loader
  • Excavators
  • Skid Steer
  • Videos
  • Shopping
  • News & Media
Machinery Asia
You are at:Home » Update: Three Deaths in Autumn accident on the Bechtel Port Arthur LNG project
Industry News

Update: Three Deaths in Autumn accident on the Bechtel Port Arthur LNG project

Machinery AsiaBy Machinery AsiaMay 6, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Tumblr

After suspending all work at its port of $ 13 billion Arthur, Texas LNG Export Terminal Project after the death of three workers in a fall accident of April 29, the contractor partially restarted the construction, a spokesman said on May 6.

“There has been a limited restart of certain activities,” said company spokesman Luke Miller. “We are adopting a meticulous and progressive approach in coordination with OSHA and our client.”

It refers to a probe launched by the American occupational health and safety administration of the accident, in which three workers in the site fell approximately 65 to 85 feet in “ a system of tank form form ” after a layer of scaffolding connected to a concrete deposit failed in the project built for the Sempra infrastructure based on San Diego, which was awarded to Bechtel.

Two other workers were injured and they are expected to recover, according to researchers. The victims identify as Felix Jose Lopez, 42; Felipe Mendez, 25; and Reginald Magee, 41. López and Mendez declared themselves dead at the scene. Magee was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries.

Two other workers injured in the accident were treated and they are expected to be completely recovered, according to authorities. “Not all employees disembarked on the ground. Two of them were able to keep up to date, but all wounds suffered,” said Captain Crystal Holmes from Jefferson’s Sheriff’s Office, who also investigates the accident.

In a statement sent to Enr, Bechtel said that all job work was stopped immediately after the incident. “We have sent all craft professionals at home to be with their families during this difficult time. We are fully collaborating with local authorities as research continues and launched our own internal review.” said the company.

Bechtel added, “Our thoughts are with families and our colleagues affected by this tragic incident.”

The firm said that he collaborated with the probes and also did a similar tank work on two other projects, but did not identify his names or locations or confirm if the construction of the places had been restarted.

The Port Arthur project, which will have a first -phase export capacity of 13 million tonnes per year for its original completion dates of 2027 and 2028 for their two. Settlement of natural gas The trains also include LNG storage tanks and marine installations.

Neither Bechtel nor Sempra said how the accident could affect the completion of the project. Nor did the media reports confirm that the victim’s families’ lawyers, three illicit death demands, and a negligence action against companies seeking at least one million combined dollars.

In a statement, Sempra said: “Our condolences are aimed at the families of those who lost their lives, as well as those who are injured.”

Bechtel occupies the 14th of the 500 best Enr Design Companies list.

Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleFluor says most customers were ahead despite rates
Next Article Choose the appropriate car race trailer for your needs
Machinery Asia
  • Website

Related Posts

US offshore wind construction plots on course to grow despite Trump curbs

February 16, 2026

US Offshore Wind Construction Plot Growth Course in the Trump Era

February 16, 2026

Denver Broncos’ $4 million stadium plan moves ahead at Burnham Yard with 2031 goal

February 16, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
Don't Miss

US offshore wind construction plots on course to grow despite Trump curbs

US Offshore Wind Construction Plot Growth Course in the Trump Era

Denver Broncos’ $4 million stadium plan moves ahead at Burnham Yard with 2031 goal

Proposed ICE detention center in New Hampshire draws criticism from Massachusetts governor

Popular Posts

US offshore wind construction plots on course to grow despite Trump curbs

February 16, 2026

US Offshore Wind Construction Plot Growth Course in the Trump Era

February 16, 2026

Denver Broncos’ $4 million stadium plan moves ahead at Burnham Yard with 2031 goal

February 16, 2026

Proposed ICE detention center in New Hampshire draws criticism from Massachusetts governor

February 16, 2026
Heavy Machinery

30ft boat trailer for heavy offshore vessels and road trailer

February 12, 2026

Aluminum trailer car

February 9, 2026

Hydraulic tilting trailer kit

February 9, 2026

Why car trailer weight is so important for safe towing

February 4, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.