Close Menu
Machinery Asia
  • Home
  • Industry News
  • Heavy Machinery
  • Backhoe Loader
  • Excavators
  • Skid Steer
  • Videos
  • Shopping
  • News & Media
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Machinery Asia
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Industry News
  • Heavy Machinery
  • Backhoe Loader
  • Excavators
  • Skid Steer
  • Videos
  • Shopping
  • News & Media
Machinery Asia
You are at:Home ยป Trump reverses the arrest of $ 5 million NY Empire Construction
Industry News

Trump reverses the arrest of $ 5 million NY Empire Construction

Machinery AsiaBy Machinery AsiaMay 25, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Tumblr

The Trump Administration has raised a stop order on April 16 for the continuous construction of the estimated $ 5 million $ 5 million wind project in New York, according to an announcement by its Norwegian developer on May 20, Equinor Asa.

“Construction can now be resumed … that emphasizes our commitment to deliver energy while supporting local economies and job creation,” said Anders Onedal’s CEO. With the completely permitted project and the work of 30% complete, he had previously described the stoppage – which the Government stated that it was necessary due to an environmental review precipitated in the Biden administration – as “illegal” and “unprecedented” and had heavy a lawsuit against the current administration.

The President of Equinor Americas, Molly Morris, said that the stoppage almost pushed for the firm to cancel the project, which already had around 1,500 construction workers on the site. Another 1,000 would have been added for out -of -sea construction, with all project work completed by 2027.

The stoppage led to a strong impetus to build shops, government leaders, regional politicians and even the highest Norway officials.

New York had established an ambitious goal for the 70% net energy generation in 2019 for 2030 and 9 GW from Wind Offshore for 2035. A commercial state-scale state project now works now-the south fork of 132-MW-with another set that has been built, the 920 MW Sunrise project developed by Osted. But the projects that were generated to generate at least 8.5 GW of high sea wind power capacity have been canceled since then, due to the main costs impacts on the project’s economy.

The United States Interior Department did not publish details of the reversal of the Empire Wind Down on its website, but Doug Burgum Interior Secretary on social media that is related to an apparent agreement with New York. Governing Kathy Hochul (D) that could lead to work in a regional gas channel that stopped in 2020, with other projects.

The Williams Cos pipe builder. He left his plan by 2020 for the gas pipe for $ 1 billion from Pennsylvania to the NY-NJ region after battles with the officials of the two states, while other developers’ proposals have not advanced in the midst of opposition and court battles.

According to Newsday, Hochul and President Donald Trump, they had been in telephone conversations from the stop, “and in a series of weekend calls, Trump convinced himself to change his mind to save union jobs.”

In a statement, Hochul thanked Trump for his will “for saving the … 1,500 union jobs on the line.” In relation to the potential gas projects, he did not confirm any new project, but “reaffirmed that New York would work with the administration and private entities on new energy projects that meet the legal requirements according to New York’s law.”

Burgum said he was “encouraged by Governor Hochul’s comments on his desire to carry out the critical capacity of pipes”.

Skanska is the main contractor of Brooklyn’s site, 810 MW NY, Brooklyn, NY, staging site, with out -of -sea work to install foundations for 54 turbines that will begin this summer, and place the Oceanian Rock Rock Floor, a project spokesman said. “We started putting rock in April,” he said.

Equinor, who said he has spent about $ 2.5 billion on the project so far, will offer an update on the financial impacts of arrest at the second quarter’s results conference on July 23.

An Equinor spokesman said that the stoppage cost the developer about $ 50 million a week.

Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleDemocratic legislators say that the financing changes of unemployed water projects have political reasons
Next Article Why matters and how to set it well
Machinery Asia
  • Website

Related Posts

How to find the balance between profitability and people

February 20, 2026

EPA Overturns Contaminant Rules for Mercury, Air Toxins in Power Plant Emissions

February 20, 2026

What does the Supreme Court’s tariff ruling mean for construction

February 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
Don't Miss

How to find the balance between profitability and people

EPA Overturns Contaminant Rules for Mercury, Air Toxins in Power Plant Emissions

What does the Supreme Court’s tariff ruling mean for construction

Supreme Court strikes down Trump’s IEEPA tariffs in 6-3 decision

Popular Posts

How to find the balance between profitability and people

February 20, 2026

EPA Overturns Contaminant Rules for Mercury, Air Toxins in Power Plant Emissions

February 20, 2026

What does the Supreme Court’s tariff ruling mean for construction

February 20, 2026

Supreme Court strikes down Trump’s IEEPA tariffs in 6-3 decision

February 20, 2026
Heavy Machinery

30ft boat trailer for heavy offshore vessels and road trailer

February 12, 2026

Aluminum trailer car

February 9, 2026

Hydraulic tilting trailer kit

February 9, 2026

Why car trailer weight is so important for safe towing

February 4, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.