Close Menu
Machinery Asia
  • Home
  • Industry News
  • Heavy Machinery
  • Backhoe Loader
  • Excavators
  • Skid Steer
  • Videos
  • Shopping
  • News & Media
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Machinery Asia
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Industry News
  • Heavy Machinery
  • Backhoe Loader
  • Excavators
  • Skid Steer
  • Videos
  • Shopping
  • News & Media
Machinery Asia
You are at:Home ยป Trump Administrator reverses closing $ 5 million NY Empire Wind Work
Industry News

Trump Administrator reverses closing $ 5 million NY Empire Wind Work

Machinery AsiaBy Machinery AsiaMay 20, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Tumblr

The Trump Administration has raised a stop order on April 16 for the continuous construction of the estimated $ 5 million $ 5 million wind project in New York, according to an announcement by its Norwegian developer on May 20, Equinor Asa.

“Construction can now be resumed … that emphasizes our commitment to deliver energy while supporting local economies and job creation,” said Anders Onedal’s CEO. With the completely permitted project and the work of 30% complete, he had previously described the stoppage – which the Government stated that it was necessary due to an environmental review precipitated in the Biden administration – as “illegal” and “unprecedented” and had heavy a lawsuit against the current administration.

Ecuinor had said that the stoppage could have promoted that it would cancel the project, which already had about 1,500 construction workers on the site. Another 1,000 would have added for construction out of the sea.

The stoppage led to a strong impetus to build shops, government leaders, regional politicians and even the highest Norway officials.

The U.S. Interior Department did not publish details of the reversal on its website, but Doug Burgum Interior Secretary told social media that it is linked to an agreement with New York. Governing Kathy Hochul (D) that could lead to work in a regional gas channel that stopped in 2020, with other projects.

The Williams Cos pipe builder. He left his plan by 2020 for gas channeling dollars from $ 1 billion from Pennsylvania to the NY-NJ region after battles with the officials of the two states, while other developers’ proposals also faced the opposition and the court battles.

According to Newsday, Hochul and President Donald Trump, they had been in telephone conversations from the stop, “and in a series of weekend calls, Trump convinced himself to change his mind to save union jobs.”

In a statement, Hochul thanked Trump for his willingness to work with me “for saving the … 1,500 union jobs that were on the line.” But related to potential gas projects, he also “reaffirmed that New York will work with administration and private entities on new energy projects that meet the legal requirements according to New York’s legislation.”

Burgum said he was “encouraged by Governor Hochul’s comments on his desire to carry out the critical capacity of pipes”.

Skanska is the main contractor at the Brooklyn, NY, NY, 810 MW Wind’s place, with out -of -sea jobs to install foundations for 54 turbines that will start this summer, said a project spokesman. “We started putting rock in April,” he said.

Equinor, who said he has spent about $ 2.5 billion on the project so far, will offer an update on the financial impacts of arrest at the second quarter’s results conference on July 23.

An Equinor spokesman said that the stoppage cost the developer about $ 50 million a week.

Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleNabtu secures the ordinance in a federal court to defend the mandate of the Biden time plan for federal projects
Next Article All you need to know about a car trailer
Machinery Asia
  • Website

Related Posts

McCarthy tops California’s $3.7 million health tower

February 17, 2026

Smithfield to build $1.3 million pork processing plant

February 17, 2026

1,600-foot Midtown Manhattan Supertall enters DOB review as Citadel secures majority stake

February 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
Don't Miss

McCarthy tops California’s $3.7 million health tower

Smithfield to build $1.3 million pork processing plant

1,600-foot Midtown Manhattan Supertall enters DOB review as Citadel secures majority stake

The story of the first minicar

Popular Posts

McCarthy tops California’s $3.7 million health tower

February 17, 2026

Smithfield to build $1.3 million pork processing plant

February 17, 2026

1,600-foot Midtown Manhattan Supertall enters DOB review as Citadel secures majority stake

February 17, 2026

The story of the first minicar

February 17, 2026
Heavy Machinery

30ft boat trailer for heavy offshore vessels and road trailer

February 12, 2026

Aluminum trailer car

February 9, 2026

Hydraulic tilting trailer kit

February 9, 2026

Why car trailer weight is so important for safe towing

February 4, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.